Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring Flowers!

What a gorgeous early spring we are having here in Portland!

I know its due to El Niño, which makes my heart ache when I think of the floods and incessant rains in the SW, but I sure love what it does to the NW! Is it wrong and selfish of me to be loving our dry winter and early spring? I think not! The alternative is 8 months of darkness and rain, so, yeah, I'll take this sun! :-)

Today is Wednesday February 24th 2010. It is not as sunny and springy as it was when these photos were taken (which was two days ago), but I just NEED to share them with you! I love the new flowers that pop up all around town when the sun heats up the dormant plants, waking them up.

Josh and I had a nice and fun walk around our gorgeous Alphabet District neighborhood, here in NW Portland. The architecture is amazing, and the landscaping is just as gorgeous. Here are some photos of the blooms we saw along the way, starting in our own yard and then making our way to the District.

Happy Spring 2010!







































0 comments :

Post a Comment